Apply for the Clean Water State Revolving Fund

Step 1: List Your Project

Before you can apply for financing through the Clean Water State Revolving Fund (CWSRF), you must first list your project on EFC’s Intended Use Plan (IUP)Project listings are screened for eligibility, scored, ranked, and listed, and a new IUP is issued annually. If your project is included in the Annual List of the IUP, skip to Step 3. 

What's Required

You must submit your project’s information using EFC’s Project Listing and Update System (PLUS). The required information includes contact information, a general description of the project’s scope, a budget and a project schedule. 

You should upload any available documents, such as engineering reports, consent orders, or project descriptions, through PLUS in order to receive the most accurate project score and ranking.

To receive financing in an IUP period, you must submit an approvable engineering report and a Smart Growth Assessment Form so that the project can be included on the Annual List. Projects without these documents will be on the Multi-Year list only. 

Deadline: Submit by June 14, 2024

EFC accepts new project listings on a continuous basis, but new projects must be submitted through PLUS by June 14, 2024 to be listed in the 2025 draft IUP. Project listings received after the deadline may be postponed to the next IUP year.

List Your Project With plUS

Step 2: Prepare Required Documents

Financial Application Guidance

Actions required to process an application

Before you get started with your financing application, please note there are several actions/processes that you must complete to generate the documentation required to complete your application.

  • Municipal bond resolutions
  • Environmental review documents and findings
  • District formation/increase authorization, and
  • Agreement for engineering planning services
  • Form a special district (generally only counties or towns)
  • Contact to SHPO for a determination on potential project impacts
  • Pass a bond resolution
  • Hire a consulting engineer if you do not have a design engineer on staff
Documents that may be necessary to close a financing and/or have access to funds

Documents include, but may not be limited to: 

  • Financial statements (audited if available) for the three most recent fiscal years (for applicants other than counties, cities, towns and villages)
  • Letters for grant awards or financing that is not from/through EFC
  • Current adopted capital and operating budgets

Learn more about the required documents

Step 3: Apply for Financing

Are you on the Annual List in the IUP and interested in financing your project?

If you answered yes to both of those questions, then you are in the right place. 

You can now submit your application through our new online portal.

You should submit your financing application as soon as possible to ensure you can meet your needs for timely access to funds. It may take several months to process your application, obtain all required documents in good order, request clarification, prepare closing documents, and receive all approvals.

Interest-free or subsidized financing are dependent on where your project is listed on our IUP Annual List which will be released later this year. In addition, applications may be submitted any time for market rate financing. 


Ask a Question

Do you have a question or need help completing your application to one of EFC’s funding programs or services? Fill out our question form and we'll get back to you.